Current research topics include:
Prenatal screening and fetal health
- Demonstrating the feasibility of routine prenatal screening for fetal aneuploidies using maternal plasma cell free DNA.
- Development of a multiple marker screening test and novel therapies for preeclampsia in pregnancy.
- Structured evidence review: Angiogenic factors and predicting severe adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Methods development for systematic review of rare disease interventions.
- Systematic evidence review: Treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II (Hunter syndrome).
- Evaluating placental growth factor (PlGF) as a first trimester marker for Down syndrome.
- Document the impact of pulse oximetry Newborn screening for critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) in New England.
- Evaluating educational materials relating to cell free DNA screening for fetal aneuploidy.
Women’s health on The pathophysiology of sleep disordered breathing in pregnancy
- Biomarkers for adverse birth outcomes.
- Impact of thyroid hormones on maternal and fetal health.
- Assessing a high sensitivity AMH assay as a marker of menopause.
- AMH assay validation and utility as a marker for ovarian reserve in women.
Women’s cancer on Application of HE4 and other novel markers for early detection of ovarian and endometrial cancers