Women & Infants Hospital
Providence, RI 02905
P: (401) 274-1122, ext. 41449
The Simulation Program is located on the zero level of the main hospital. Call Kristen McGonagle, simulation project coordinator, at (401) 274-1122, ext.41449 to discuss opportunities.
We offer the latest in simulation equipment, including:
- SimNewB – an interactive simulator, with realistic feedback, designed to meet Neonatal Resuscitation Program training requirements.
- PROMPT Birthing Simulator – teaches the complexities of birthing so participants can experience childbirth and practice the necessary skills.
- SimCapture – controlled web-based audio and video for live feed and debriefing review of various procedures, such as:
- Ectopic Pregnancy Model – allows clinicians to develop and practice first trimester transvaginal ultrasound exams.
- Episiotomy Repair Model – a three-stage system for teaching episiotomy, suturing and repair of episiotomy and second-degree tears.
- Newborn Infant Venous Access Model – an anatomically correct representation of a female baby to teach vascular accessing of newborns and infants.
- Central Venous Access Module – teaches cannula approaches and insertions of central venous catheters into the superior vena cava, with and without ultrasound guidance.
- Diagnostic Breast Trainer – life-size breast to train for examination procedures and diagnostic techniques.
- Office Hysteroscopy Set – allows clinicians to practice introducing and using the Hysteroscope.
- LaproTrain – high-resolution video optics and a complete set of instruments that offer a realistic laparoscopic training experience.
- Female Pelvis Model – an anatomical and tactile representation of the female pelvis for hands-on examination and diagnosis of pathologies and abnormalities.
- MamaNatalie Birthing Simulator – a birthing simulator that makes it easy to create very compelling simulations of complex or normal birthing scenarios.
- Koken Breastfeeding Modules – used for various kinds of practice in infant nursing.
- Difficult Airways Simulator– used to simulate an obstructed airway and is designed for training the management of difficult airways.
- mamaBirthie - ideal for basic skill acquisition and competency development for all stages of labor and can be used as a tabletop model for demonstration or worn to facilitate simulation.
- Newborn Nursing Skills and ALS Simulator - used for meeting objectives of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program's course curriculum.
- Micro-Preemie manikin - represents a 25-week-old neonate with a variety of built-in features that make it a very life-like and easy-to-use training aid for many scenarios.