Please be advised that the following location is a provider-based clinic and both a physician and facility fee will be assessed, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.
100 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
P: ( 401) 453-7953
No Show Policy
We have a policy for missed appointments at all Women & Infants' physician practices. If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice. Learn More
When to Arrive
Please plan to arrive at the hospital one hour before your scheduled appointment. Although you will probably not be called until the time of your scheduled appointment, we ask your cooperation with this policy. We realize this may not be convenient, but the time may be needed for two reasons:
- First, this will give you plenty of time to fill out the necessary paperwork. If you need help with any of the forms, please ask the nurse.
- Second, in case there is a cancellation, you will be here and ready to be taken early.
Before Your Endoscopy
Once you are brought into the Ambulatory Surgery Unit, the following will happen:
- The nurse will start an IV (intravenous line) to give you fluids and medicine. You will not be able to eat or drink anything until after your procedure. The IV will give you the fluids that you need.
- Your belongings will be stored in a plastic bag with your name written on a tag. Please do not bring any valuables to the hospital, including jewelry.
- You may bring someone to sit with you before you are brought into the procedure room – the nurse will call for that person after she gets you ready. He/she will be asked to leave for the waiting area once you are ready to be taken.
Your guest may wait in the Main Lobby on the first floor of the hospital, or he/she may leave a contact number with the nurse to call when you are ready to go home. Please fill out a “Speak With” form if you would like your doctor to speak with someone after your procedure.
After Your Endoscopy
Once your procedure is complete, your guest may sit with you before you go home. Before you are discharged, you will need to:
- Try to drink some juice and eat a cracker – please let your nurse know if you are feeling nauseous.
- Walk to the bathroom.
- Walk to your car, with an escort.
Please ask your ride to park in the front circle of the Main Entrance when coming to pick you up.
When you leave, you will be given instructions from your doctor – please call our office at (401) 453-7953 if you have any questions or concerns once you are home.