Please be advised that the following location is a provider-based clinic and both a physician and facility fee will be assessed, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.
2 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
P: (401) 453-7955
Spanish speaking staff members are available in the department, and the hospital has interpreters in other languages available upon request.
Maternal Depression: How Do You Know?
How do you know if you need professional help for your mood before, during and after pregnancy? Answer the following questions honestly.
- Have you been much more down, depressed or sad than usual?
- Have you been unable to sleep because your thoughts are on overdrive?
- Have you, or others, noticed that you've been much more irritable or short-tempered?
- Have you found yourself crying "out of the blue"?
- Has your stomach been "in a knot" to the point that you can't eat?
- Have you been more jumpy, shaky, or jittery?
- Have you noticed that things you normally look forward to are no longer fun or interesting?
- Have you noticed that you have a hard time concentrating or are excessively distracted?
- Is it harder for you to "get going" or find the energy and motivation to do things that normally come easily?
- Have you thought of killing yourself?
- Have you experienced thoughts or images that frighten or upset you?