Please be advised that the following location is a provider-based clinic and both a physician and facility fee will be assessed, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.
2 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
P: (401) 453-7955
Spanish speaking staff members are available in the department, and the hospital has interpreters in other languages available upon request.
Clinical depression is much more intense than simply feeling sad. It can cause a person to lose interest in regular hobbies and life in general. There is a medical cause for depression and it is very treatable.
Signs of Depression
Depression is characterized by the following feelings:
- Loss of interest in activities you usually enjoy.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Appetite changes – either eating too much or not enough.
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions.
- Lack of energy or motivation.
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
- Excessive worry and fears (in new mothers, these fears generally revolve around the baby).
- Thoughts of death or suicide.