Applying For Medical Staff Privileges
You may wish to join the Women & Infants medical staff to follow your patients at Women & Infants for a case that you find interesting or to assist in cases that need your special attention.
Medical staff appointees must consult the appropriate department rules and regulations which define qualifications and training needed when applying for additional privileges after initial appointment. Department rules and regulations are available in departments or the medical staff office.
To apply, please contact the Medical Staff Office at (401) 274-1122, ext. 2300.
101 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
P: (401) 274-1122, ext. 2300
Call us at ext. 2300.
What Do We Do?
We are responsible for data collection, organization, verification and presentation of initial, reappointment and clinical privilege request applications for the medical staff and allied health professional staff.
We are also responsible for organization, documentation and follow-up of medical staff activities, including but not limited to committees, by-laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures, elections and finances (Medical Staff Association account only).
What You Must Report to the Medical Staff Office:
- Changes in contact information.
- Changes in practice location.
- Changes in license and/or DEA certification status.
- Changes in liability insurance coverage.
- Any claims activity.
- Any clinical privilege.
- Addition/deletion requests.
How Can We Help You?
- Questions regarding provisional status and advancement.
- Questions regarding your reappointment (this takes place every two years).
- Questions regarding addition, modification and/or deletion of clinical privileges.
- Questions regarding medical staff committee involvement.