Jennifer Gass Publications
Original Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
Original Articles in Refereed Journals:
- Fishman PS, Gass JS, Swoveland PT, et al: Infection of the basal ganglia by a murine coronavirus. Science. 229:877-879, 1985.
- Fishman PS, Gass JS, Swoveland PT, et al: Coronavirus MHV-A59 infects the substantia nigra. Neurology. Supplement, 1985.
- White JV, Gass JS: Preparation of the calcified tibial artery for bypass grafting. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 171:165-166, 1990.
- Buckman RF, Gass JS, et al: Penetrating cardiac wounds prospective study of factors influencing initial resuscitation. J Trauma. 34(5):717-25, 1993.
- Goddard JK, Janning SW, Gass JS, Wilson RF. Cefuroxime-induced acute renal failure. Pharmacaotherapy. 14(4):488-91, 1994.
- Zhang C, Sung J, Gass JS, Lawrence D, DeLellis RA: Squamous inclusion cyst with evidence of focal glandular differentiation in an axillary lymph node. Histopathology, November 2005 47(5):539-540
- Gass J. Future Breast Surgery. Special Issue: Women’s Health, Medicine & Health/Rhode Island, October 2005 Vol. 88 No.10
- Tafra, L., Find, R., Whitworth P., Berry M., Woods J., Ekbom G., Gass JS., et al., Prospective Randomized Study Comparing Cryo-Assisted (CAL) and Needle Wire (NLW) for Localization of Ultrasound Visible Breast Tumors. Am J Surg, 2006 Oct 192(4:462-70)
- Somasundar, Ponnandai S, Gass JS, Steinhoff M, dizon D, Cady B, Tanejas C, Role of US Guided Axillary FNA in the Management of Invasive Breast Cancer: AM J Surg. 2006 Oct;192 (4):462-70.
Other Peer-Reviewed Publications:
- 2003 - Co-Reviewer, Clinical Breast Cancer
- 2006 - Reviewer, Annals of Surgical Oncology
Books and Book Chapters
- Fingleton JG, Gass JS, Stephenson LW: Thoracic great vessel injury. In Textbook of Penetrating Trauma, (eds.) RR Ivatury, CG Cayten, 1996 Williams and Wilkins.
- Wislon RF, Gass JS: Special Problems of Trauma in the Aged, Addicted on and Alcoholic. In Management of Trauma: Pitfalls and Practive, Ceds.J Wison, RF Walt, Alexander J. Publication: Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1996 Document: English: Book Libraries Worldwide: 129.
- Gass JS, “ Breast Mass” 5- Minute Consult Clinical Companion to Women’s Health, Publication: William & Wilkins, 2006.
- Gass JS, “Breast Cancer” 5- Minute Consult Clinical Companion to Women’s Health, Publication: William & Wilkins, 2006.
- Gass JS reviewer for Annals of Surgery; “ Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia Diagnosed on 11 –guage Stereotatically Guided Directional Vacuum-Assited Breast Biopsy: To Determine the Frequency and Predictive Factors of Malignancy on Subsequent surgery” for the Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Keiva Bland MD1, 2, Jennifer Gass3, V. Suzanne Klimberg MD1, 4, Surgical Clinics of North America: Radiofrequency, Cryoablation and other Modalities for Breast Cancer Ablation. In press.
Manuscripts Accepted, Submitted or in Preparation
- Tafra l., Find R., Whitworth P, Berry M., Woods J., Ekbom G ., Gass, J. et., al. Prospective Randomized Study Comparing Cryo-Assistaed (CAL) and Needle Wire (NLW) for Localization of Ultrasound Visible Breast Tumors, AM J Surg. 2006 Oct;192(4:462-70.
- Somasundar, Ponnandai S, Gass JS, Steinhoff M, Dizon D, Cady B, Taneja C, Role of US Guided Axillary FNA in the Management of Invasive Breast Cancer: AM J Surg.2006 Oct;192 (4):462-70.
- Dizon D, Gass JS, Bandera C, Weitzen S, Clark M, Does one person provide it all? Primary Support and Advanced Care Planning for women with Cancer. (accepted in Journal of clinical Oncology)
- D. Wiggins, J. Gass, D. Buchanan, A. Goldstein, C.O. Granai, D. Dizon. The utilization of an Integrative Medicine Program by Female Cancer Patients in an Academic Cancer Center. National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Meeting 2004. Las Vegas, NV. February 22-25, 2004.
- D Wiggins, J Gass, C Granai, R Legare and D Dizon presented a an abstract entitled Pre-operative Concordance of Radiology and Pathologic Findings in T1 Breast Cancers at the 24th Annual Meeting of the New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists, in Chatham, MA, June 11-13, 2004.
- D. Wiggins, J. Gass, M. Steinhoff presented as poster presentation entitled Expression of ER, PR, HER-2/neu and Ki-67 in Breast Core ADH Specimens at the International Meeting of Pathologists in Brizben, Australia, October 11, 2004.
- L. Brard, A.K. Brown, R.G. Moore, J. Gass, C.O. Granai, N. Swamy. Iron Chelators Induce Apoptosis in Prostate Cancer Cells. Accepted abstract to be presented at the Society of Surgical Oncology Meeting, March 3-6, 2004.
- L. Brard, A.K. Brown, R.G. Moore, J. Gass, C.O. Granai. Deferoxamine (DFO) and Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic Acid (DTPA) Inhibit Endothelial Cell Proliferation and Angiogenesis. Accepted abstract to be presented at the Society of Surgical Oncology Meeting, March 3-6, 2004.
- Dizon DS, Rojan A, Miller J, Schwartz J, Gordinier M, Moore R, DiSilvestro P, Granai C, Gass JS, Legare R. Cross-reactions between Paclitaxel and Docetaxel in a Women’s Cancers Program. Abstract submission to American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2004.
- Reis LM, Fenton MA, Sikov WM, Strenger RS, Graves T, Dizon DS, Gass JS. Neoadjuvant weekly paclitaxel and q4week carboplatin (+trastuzumab) in respectable and locally advanced breast cancer: A Brown University Oncology Group (BrUOG) study. Abstract being considered for presentation to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2005.
- Fenton MA, Ries LM, Strenger RS, Dizon DS, Legare RD, Joseph PJ, Theall KP, Graves TA, Gass JS, Sikov WM. Frequent pathologic responses seen with neoadjuvant weekly paclitaxel and q4week carboplatin + weekly trastuzumab in respectable and locally advanced breast cancer: A Brown University Oncology Group (BrUOG) study. Abstract presented to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS), 2005.
- Griff SR, Gass JS, et al. An attempt to independently verify the utility of the Van Nuys Prognostic Index (VNPI) for DCIS. Abstract accepted to the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO), 2005.
- Fenton MA, Ries LM, Strenger R, Dizon Ds, Legare Rd, Joseph PJ, Theall KP, GravesTA, Gass JS, Kennedy TA, Strauss GM, and Sikov WM. Frenquent pathologic complete responses see with neoadjuvant q4week carboplatin and weekly paclitaxel = weekly trastuzumab in respectable and advanced breast cancer: a BrUOG study, Rhode Island Hospital, Women & Infants’ Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island and the Brown University Oncology Group(BrUOG) Providence, Rhode Island, 2005.
- Christine R., Dizon D., Gass JS, Klalil H, Steinhoff M: Clinical correlation of MRI and pathlogical specimens in surgically treated breast cancer patients. Poster presentation to the American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBS) Baltimore, MD. April 2006
- Somasundar, Ponnandai S, Gass JS, Steinhoff M, Dizon D, Cady B, Taneja C, Role of US Guided Axillary FNA in the Management of Invasive Breast Cancer: Oral Presentation to the American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBS) Baltimore, MD. April 2006
- Jennifer S.Gass, MD, Doreen L.Wiggins, MD, Margaret Steinhoff, MD, Susan Keolliker, MD. And D.S.Dizon, MD: Concordance between preoperative assessment of T1 Cancers and Pathologic results: Consideratio for Ablative Therapy. Program in Women’s Oncology Women’s & Infants’ Hospital, Brown University of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island. Poster presented at the National Consortium of Breast Cancer Conference, March 2006.
- Tsiapali E, Dizon D, Gass J: Progression of microcalcifications during neoadjuvant chemotherapy as an indicator of non-response to treatment. Poster presentation at the 17th Annual National Interdisciplinary Breast Conference of the NCBC, Las Vegas, February 26, 2007
- Tsiapali E, Le L, Dizon D, Wiggins D, Gass J: Clinical evaluation of the axilla as a predictor of the presence of nodal disease in breast cancer patients that have received neo-adjuvant chemotherapy, accepted for poster presentation at the 8th Annual ASBS Meeting, Phoenix, May 2007.
Scholarly Work Published in Other Media
- Dr. Gass participated in a telephone interview with Natural Health Magazine on June 18, 2003.
- Dr. Gass participated on a Call 10 segment at Channel 10 on October 2, 2003. After a feature story regarding the Tour of Hope Ride, calls were taken from viewers about breast cancer issues.
- Dr. Gass was interviewed on October 14, 2003 by Deb Ruggiero of LITE 105/92 PRO-FM for their Amazing Women Show which airs Sundays at 6:00 p.m.
- Dr. Gass participated in an interview with Channel 10 on November 18, 2003. She spoke regarding Health Myths and Deodorant.
- Dr. Gass was interviewed on September 14, 2004 by Deb Ruggiero of LITE 105/92 PRO-FM for their Amazing Women Show which airs on October 3, 2004.
- Dr. Gass participated as a guest speaker at the first “Tickled Pink” event Women & Infants sponsored during Breast Cancer Awareness month on October 13, 2004.
- Dr. Gass was interviewed on October 14, 2004 by Deb Ruggiero of RI PBS TV Channel 36 in Providence for their Amazing Women Show which airs on October 20, 2004.
- Dr. Gass was interviewed on October 29, 2004 by Barbara Morse from Channel 10 regarding the Cryo-assisted Lumpectomy Study.
- Dr. Gass participated as a guest speaker at the second “Tickled Pink” event Women & Infants sponsored during Breast Cancer Awareness month on November 3, 2004.
- Dr. Gass participated in the Tumor Board Panel at the Ritz Conference at the Crowne Plaza on November 17, 2004.
- Dr. Gass was interviewed over the telephone by the American Medical News, the weekly newspaper of the AMA, regarding the care of women cured of early stage breast cancer on January 26, 2005.