Contact: Megan Gaynor Charette, NP
Once you've finished battling breast cancer, your journey as a cancer survivor begins. This can be difficult emotionally as you may feel anxious that your cancer will come back, self-conscious about changes to your body, or just plain tired.
Our Survivorship Clinic can help you begin your journey of survival, empowering you to protect and enhance your quality of life and health going forward.
The Clinic is on Thursday mornings, although it is held more often to meet patient need. All Breast Health Center patients who have completed treatment can attend.
Typical visits focus on:
- Any issues you may have had related to breast cancer
- A summary of your treatment, a care plan describing your specific experience and written information on screening guidelines, nutritional and exercise information and recommendations
- Moving forward by giving the patient information on prevention, detection and treatment of any complications that may result from the cancer or treatment; these complications can include osteoporosis, lymphedema, menopausal symptoms, changes in fertility and sexuality or fatigue, all of which can be eased or treated through various specialty services available at Women & Infants
- Using integrative therapies such as yoga and massage, offered through the Breast Health Center's Integrative Care Program, to help relax
- The value of support groups, which are offered through the Breast Health Center
- A meeting with a social worker to discuss any psychosocial fears you or your family may have