Women & Infants High School Volunteer Programs are designed to maximize hospital resources, effectively integrate youth in service and educational programming and to support a safe and secure work environment while exposing students to a variety of occupations in the health care industry.
Eligibility: Students who have completed one year of high school, have aspirations to be part of the healthcare industry and are able to make a minimum commitment of 40 hours of their time are encouraged to review the information below. We value the contributions of our junior workforce and look forward to partnering with you.
- 2015 Summer Program-The program overview and timeline will be posted in February. Thank you for your interest.
- High School Internships or Sr. Projects - The Summer Program is a prerequisite for students who are interested in opportunities to meet school objectives.
- Community Service - Students who are required to do community service hours to meet a school or personal obligation are encouraged to review the Summer Program timeline and requirements to meet this objective.
Hear what our junior volunteers are saying...
"I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed volunteering and partaking in the hospital experience. I learned many things and techniques that I will continue to institute in my future actions. I also met many influential people that have given me advice and input for various accounts. I will continue to remember the fun I had and also the nice people I encountered throughout my Woman & Infant's experience"
- Robert, 2014 Summer Program
"All four years of my volunteer experience
have been enjoyable"
- Gianna, 2012 Summer Program
Care New England - Mission, Vision and ValuesMission:
To be your partner in health Vision:
To create a community of healthier people Values:
Care New England's organizational values emphasize individual contributions and a team approach that foster:
Scholarships - Click here to learn more about our previous scholarship program.
Back to the Volunteer Services homepage