There are specific requirements and procedures that you need to know if you are considering volunteering at the hospital. For more information, contact Women & Infants Volunteer Services, 401-274-1122 ext. 2255, between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
Volunteer Services Department Summary
Types of Volunteers:
Adult Volunteers - Ages 18 & up
Teen Volunteers - Ages 14-18 and have completed freshman year of high school
College Internships - course credit for your school
- Health screening
- Orientation to hospital policies and procedures
- Criminal background check (after volunteer position offered)
- Adults - 3 to 4 hours per week - minimum 4 months
- Teens - Click on link to for specific details
- College Internships - Semester, Trimester, or Quarter basis with course credit
- A quarter minimum of 100 hours
- Full-time/32-40 hours per week (limited)
To learn details about the Volunteer Program, please schedule an appointment by calling 401-274-1122 ext. 2255. Adults may also register for an interest session.
Back to the Volunteer Services homepage