At Women & Infants, we believe that what sets our hospital apart from any other health care organization is the people who work here. We are pleased to welcome you to such a dynamic team of medical professionals and hope that every day you will be inspired by the people around you and the magnificent accomplishments that happen here.
Whether your role is in housekeeping, nursing, operations, research or any other essential area, you truly do make a difference in our exceptional caring process for our patients and the community we serve. Thank you for joining our team.
Paul F. Heffernan, Vice President of Human Resources
New Employee Hospital Orientation
Welcome to Women & Infants Hospital, a member of the Care New England (CNE) Health System. In order to give you the information, knowledge and skills you will need to be successful at CNE, we have developed a three-stage orientation program. The first stage is "First Look." Please make sure you read the materials enclosed in your "First Look" orientation packet which includes our Mission, Vision and Values, as well as important patient centered, infection prevention, environment of care and operations information.
The following human resources forms and documentation is required to bring to your appointment. Please print out and complete the following forms and bring to Human Resources on the day of your scheduled appointment:
- Probationary form.
- Employee personal information form.
- Federal W-4 form 2016.
- Rhode Island W-4 form 2016.
- I-9 employment eligibility verification form.
- Affirmative action/Veterans form 2015 (voluntary).
- Bank at work form (optional).
Please review the list below for suggestions on what to provide for documentation that is applicable to your position. Authorization to work in the United States, examples include:
- U.S. Passport & Social Security Card/Birth Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License & Social Security Card.
- Authorized Photo ID & Social Security Card.
- Resident Alien Card & Social Security Card.
- Employment authorization documentation (foreign passport with a valid Form I-94).
- Diploma or certificate that is required for your position (provide a copy or we can make a copy).
- Professional license or certificate if required for the position.
Health/Dental Insurance (if eligible)
- Marriage certificate required to place spouse on coverage.
- Birth certificates required to place children on coverage. If opting out of insurance, a photocopy of the current insurance card is required as proof.
- Copy of immunization records, TB test results if within the last 6 months.
Congratulations! You will report to your new department and begin your new career opportunity with us.