We know that part of the healing process involves meeting your spiritual and emotional needs. Our pastoral care staff offers spiritual support and resources.
- An interfaith chapel is available at all times to ambulatory patients, family members and staff.
- Chaplains and chaplain interns are here Monday through Friday, and visit patients and families to offer support and share in spiritual reflection. You can reach them at ext. 1659 or through the Social Work Department, ext. 1360. In addition, Roman Catholic chaplains from Rhode Island Hospital are available to patients in an emergency. The hospital operator, chaplain or your nurse can page one for you.
- Clergy of all faiths are welcome to visit. Let the chaplain or your nurse know if you would like us to contact your clergy or spiritual leader.
- Communion is available. Ask the chaplain, your nurse or the unit secretary to put your name on the list for communion that day.
- Electric Sabbath candles are available by asking your nurse or the chaplain.
- Blessings are available by asking your nurse or the chaplain.