Where can I get help with breastfeeding when I need it?
- Women & Infants' Warm Line (1-800-711-7011) – The Warm Line is a free service you can call to ask questions about yourself or your baby. Leave your message, name and phone number and an experienced nurse/lactation consultant will call you back within an hour. The Warm Line is open weekdays from 9 am to 9 pm and weekends from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Women & Infants' Breastfeeding Support Services – Lactation consultations are available while you are in the hospital when you are referred by your nurse or health care provider.
- Outpatient Lactation Consultation – Call the Warm Line (1-800-711-7011) for visits with a lactation consultant after you go home. Please check with your insurance provider to see if this service is covered.
- Mom's Groups – These postpartum support groups are free and no registration is needed. Take advantage of helpful hints and support from other mothers. Call the Warm Line (1-800-711-7011) for times and locations.
- La Leche League – Education and support are available through volunteers, materials and meetings. For a list of contacts and meetings in your area, call the Warm Line (1-800-711-7011).
- Nursing Moms, Etc. – This unique store located in the hospital rents and sells Ameda or Medela breast pumps. The store also sells Medela nursing bras, books, videos, nursing pillows and slings, as well as other products. The store is open Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm; Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm. For more information, call (401) 274-1122, ext. 43149 and 43151, or visit nursingmomsetc.com