The mission of the Women & Infants Physician Hospital Organization (WIPHO) is to foster the relationship between the medical staff and the hospital. Its goal is to enhance the competitive position of each of its participants.
PHO Educational Calendar of Events
» Medicare Updates: Effective January 1, 2010
Dr. Richard Ohnmacht
PHO Chairman & PGSI President
The strategy of the WIPHO is to enhance the viability of the WIPHO partners through identification of business opportunities and services.
Physicians on the active medical staff are eligible for membership. Their representation in the PHO is through an IPA entitled Perinatal and Gynecological Services Inc. (PGSI).
The PHO board is made up equally of physicians and hospital administrative staff.
PHO objectives include:
- Gain statewide acceptance of a uniform credentialing form
- Implement a group purchasing option for physician participants
- Continue to provide practice support services (coding, compliance)
- Promote legislative advocacy
- Pursue PHO clinical integration strategy
Annual dues are $250. If you have any questions regarding the PHO, please call 401-736-4279.