Continuing Education Unit Objectives
After participating in the SCIPP conference, the nurse/allied health professional will be able to:
- Describe the normal cardiovascular, hematologic, respiratory, musculoskeletal, endocrine and/or gastrointestinal changes that occur during pregnancy.
- Identify at least one potential complication a pregnant woman may experience as a result of a cardiovascular, hematologic, respiratory, musculoskeletal, endocrine and/or gastrointestinal disease/disorder.
- State at least one appropriate nursing intervention for a pregnant patient with a cardiovascular, hematologic, respiratory, musculoskeletal, endocrine and/or gastrointestinal disease/disorder.
To earn CEU credit, nurses and allied health professionals must sign the attendance sheet and complete a post-conference evaluation.
This activity is designated 1 contact hour for nurses and allied health professionals by the Rhode Island State Nurses Association.
No commercial support has been provided for this conference. The planning committee members and presenters for this conference have all completed the disclosure process and have indicated that they do not have any conflicts of interest nor significant financial relationships or affiliations with any manufacturers or commercial products to disclose.
Adding the SCIPP Conference to Your Women & Infants Net Learning Transcript
The Nursing Education Department recommends that you add your CEU credit for attending the Specialty Care in Pregnancy Program (SCIPP) conferences to your NetLearning transcript so that when you are up for review your attendance is documented.
You may self add the SCIPP conferences onto your transcript:
- Log onto carenet
- Click Education/Training
- Click NetLearning
- Go to Transcript
- Click Add
- Type in the name of the conference, such as Specialty Care in Pregnancy Program-Hematology. For course, select self tracking conference
- Enter the date
- Leave the grade blank and Enter 1 CEU
If you have trouble, contact Nancy Silva in Nursing Education at extension 6-3616 or Maryann Seebeck, SCIPP Coordinator at extension 7366.