- In 2003, Dr. Margaret Howard, director of the Day Hospital, was recognized as one of five national recipients of the annual Eli Lilly Welcome Back Award, which recognizes innovation in the recognition and treatment of depression.
- In 2004, the Day Hospital program was featured at the 2nd Congress for the International Association for Women’s Mental Health.
- In 2005, the Joint Commission recommended that the Day Hospital apply for its nationally competitive Codman Award because of the program’s attention to patient care and seamlessness of care.
- Clinicians have had research and articles published in the following professional publications: American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Journal of Psychiatry, Archives of Women’s Mental Health, Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, Medical Care of the Pregnant Patient, New England Psychologist, and Psychiatric Services.
- Local, regional, national and international consumer media outlets have sought out the Day Hospital staff for their expertise on postpartum depression and other perinatal mood disorder issues.
||Southern New England Baby
|Ivanhoe Broadcast News
||Vim & Vigor
||Women’s Health Access
||Pregnancy and Newborn
|George Street Journal
In addition, the Day Hospital is a site for several past and ongoing National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) funded research projects involving perinatal mood disorders, perinatal loss, and comparative treatment approaches with postpartum women.