The average length of stay for a patient at the Day Hospital is approximately seven days.
A typical treatment day at the Day Hospital is separated into structured time blocks:
- Patients arrive, check in with the staff, settle infants in the nursery with the Nursery Program Assistant
- A morning psychotherapy group that consists of a review of each patient’s progress on the previous day’s goals and an in-depth discussion of role transitions and interpersonal issues
- Individual psychotherapy and medication management appointments
- Group relaxation training and/or infant massage
- An afternoon psychotherapy group
Patient survey results include:
|The program was helpful.
|The staff respected my wishes and needs.
|I was comfortable with contact made with my family.
|I am happy with the care given to my infant.
|I am currently using skills learned in the Day Hospital.
|I would recommend the Day Hospital to others.