Brown University/Women & Infant's Center of Excellence in Women's Health
Back to Brown University/Women & Infants' Center of Excellence in Women's Health Homepage
The Center of Excellence is committed to promoting equality through systematic, integrated and expanded women's leadership activities.
With Leadership Development as a key initiative, the Center works closely with the Office of Women in Medicine at the Brown University Medical School and in collaboration with various University partners and committees. The goal is to recruit and retain diverse students and faculty, foster gender equity and increase representation of women in leadership roles within academic medicine. In keeping with the mission of the Office of Women in Medicine, the Leadership component focuses on initiatives to:
- Foster the academic progress of women medical faculty, house officers and students through education, advocacy, mentoring and networking;
- Provide opportunities for women to acquire the skills and strategies necessary for their professional advancement;
- Aim for women to be successful in attaining senior faculty ranks and leadership positions by working with Brown affiliated institutions;
- Monitor the status of women in medicine at Brown in order to ensure equality of participation and reward, and to identify and address barriers to advancement;
- Communicate widely the successes of women and stimulate collaboration with local and national partners to further these goals;
- Promote excellence in clinical care, education and research in women's health;
- Recognize the importance of diversity, humanism, varied career paths, personal wellness and a healthy, balanced life.
Click here for more information on initiatives at the Office of Women in Medicine.
For more information, please contact 401-274-1122, extension 2833, or email us.