In the Day Hospital, every woman's program is tailored specifically to her unique needs and can include:
- Group, individual and family therapy to encourage the development of positive coping skills
- Assessment of the mother-baby unit and the family
- Medication assessment
- Infant massage
- Educational support
- Nutrition consultation
- Lactation consultation
- Support for bonding and connecting with their babies
- Health education on such topics as transition to motherhood, caring for a baby, and relaxation techniques
- Personalized outpatient care plan to follow after discharge
Day Hospital staff will also make any needed referrals for colic, as well as more intensive levels of psychological care for the mother. Some women will need individual appointments with a perinatal psychiatrist, therapist, or lactation consultant. These can be scheduled before or after the Day Hospital hours.
Return to Day Hospital main page.