The Women's Intimacy and Sexual Health Center (WISH) offers help and hope for women facing difficulties with intimacy during and after cancer treatment. These can include:
- Vaginal dryness, itching or burning.
- Pain during intercourse.
- Decreased desire or less pleasure during intercourse.
- Changes in body image as a result of surgery or the effects of treatment.
Part of the Program in Women’s Oncology (PWO) and Breast Health Center, WISH is made up of specialists who can help you enjoy intimate moments again. These include:
- Breast and gynecologic health specialists.
- Medical oncologists.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Therapists who specialize in sexuality counseling and education.
- Physical therapists specializing in pelvic floor issues.
Treatment can be simple and combine several approaches including:
- Lubricants and moisturizers.
- Targeted physical therapy.
- Emotional support and talk therapy.